- Vital Signs - Alcohol Screening and Counseling – an effective but underused health service
- Alcohol and Pregnancy - Learn about ways to reduce risky drinking.
- Alcohol and Pregnancy - How much do you know about alcohol use during pregnancy? Take our quiz to find out.
- Key Findings - Health messages about alcohol and pregnancy
- Medscape Video—CDC’s Dr. Joe Sniezek discusses at-risk alcohol use and women
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) are a group of conditions that can occur in a person whose mother drank alcohol during pregnancy. FASDs are 100% preventable if a woman does not drink alcohol during pregnancy.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO