Differences in Health Status Among People with Disabilities compared to People without Disabilities
You can help improve the health and wellness of people with disabilities and address health disparities. Request that people with disabilities be included in all mainstream public health data systems, programs, policies, and communication.
To help inform you, CDC’s Disability and Health program has developed fact sheets that provide state, district and territory based health indicator data to demonstrate health disparities among people with disabilities.
- How many people have disabilities? [PDF 331KB]
- Cigarette Smoking and People with Disabilities [PDF 382KB]
- Cost as a Barrier to Care for People with Disabilities [PDF 391KB]
- Mammography Use and Women with Disabilities [PDF 335KB]
- Obesity and People with Disabilities [PDF 360KB]
- Oral Health and People with Disabilities [PDF 337KB]
- Physical Activity and People with Disabilities [PDF 315KB]
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2014
- Page last updated: April 1, 2014
- Content source: