- Dalila’s Story - Read her story about how her cerebral palsy gave her strength.
- Learn the Symptoms - Identify cerebral palsy as early as possible.
- Key Findings- Prevalence of cerebral palsy, co-occurring autism spectrum disorders, and motor functioning
- Preparing for Emergencies—Learn tips from families who have children with special needs.
- Cerebral Palsy Quiz—How much do you know about cerebral palsy? Take a quiz to find out
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a group of disorders that affect a person’s ability to move and maintain balance and posture. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood. CDC estimates that an average of 1 in 323 children in the U.S. have CP.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO