Small Group Self-Guided Tour
- Students (Grades 6-12) and Adults
- Group Size: 1-9
- When: Museum Operating Hours
- No Reservation Required
Student Group Docent-Led or Self-Guided Tour
- Students (Grades 6-12)
- Length of tour: 2 hours
- Group Size: 10-40 (not including chaperones)
- Chaperones: One chaperone required for every 10 students
- More >>
Adult Group Docent-Led or Self-Guided Tour
- Undergraduate/Graduate Students and Professional Adults
- Group Size: 10-30
- Length of tour: 1.5 hours
- More >>
The David J. Sencer CDC Museum offers the following opportunities for groups of ten or more wishing to participate in a guided tour of our exhibits. Reservations are not required for groups with less than 10 visitors. All tours cover the current temporary exhibit and The Story of CDC permanent exhibit. Tour guides are either David J. Sencer CDC Museum staff or CDC employees who volunteer as tour guides. The exhibits are most appropriate for middle school, high school and adult groups. For this reason daycare and elementary school groups are strongly discouraged.
Applicable to All Groups:
- Guided tours require a minimum of 10 total participants.
- Reservations for a tour must be made at least a week in advance by completing the online form. Your tour is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation email.
- Guided tours are available at 9:30AM, 11:00AM, 12:30 PM or 3:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Self-guided tours are available Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM, with hours extended to 7 PM on Thursday. For security reasons, a group coming for a self-guided tour must also make a reservation.
- All visitors must show government-issued picture IDs. Students under 18 years do not need to show IDs as long as they are accompanied by adults with IDs.
- Any group more than 15 minutes late may forfeit its right to a guided tour, and will have to take a self-guided tour of the museum exhibits.
- Guidelines limiting the maximum number of tour participants are designed to help ensure the safety and security of our visitors. These numbers are strictly enforced.
To request a guided tour, please complete the online form.
- Page last reviewed: November 5, 2014
- Page last updated: November 5, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media