Millennial Health Leaders Summit
The Millennial Health Leaders Summit brings together a cadre of medical, public health, and public policy graduate students, nominated by their universities for their outstanding achievements and promise as future leaders in addressing health disparities across the nation.
About the 2016 Millennial Health Leaders Summit
The Millennial Health Leaders Summit is a two –day intensive training for graduate and medical students on vital health equity topics. Through plenaries, workshops and case studies students explore key components of health equity practice with experts in the field as they prepare for future careers as health equity leaders.
Why send students?
The goal of the Summit is to equip the next generation of leaders with the tools they need to take on the task of eliminating health disparities, thus achieving health equity in the United States in the 21st century. This Summit is a wonderful opportunity for graduate, public health and medical students to network with fellow students and current health equity leaders.
When is the next Summit?
March 31-April 1, 2016
Where is the Summit?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
How can students participate?
Deans should contact faculty to identify students who have a strong interest in addressing health disparities and who will benefit from interacting with others who share a passion for achieving health equity.
- Nomination Application for Schools *
- Deadline for submission: Monday, February 15, 2016, by 5pm EST
- Submit Nomination form to: email@example.com
* All nominations must be submitted by the dean of the school.
Cost: Though there is no charge for the Summit, schools are responsible for all travel, lodging and per diem costs for students.
Presentations from the 2016 Summit
- Use of Evidence-Based Interventions to Address Disparities in Colorectal Cancer Screening [PDF - 1 MB]
- Millennial Health Leaders Summit Health Equity 101 [PDF - 1 MB]
- Bringing an Equity Lens to the Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence [PDF - 541 KB]
- Leadership and Developing Your Career Path [PDF - 664 KB]
- Health Doesn’t Happen in a Hospital, it Happens in Houses, Schools, and on Roadways: Working Across Sectors [PDF - 8 MB]
- Promoting Health Equity Through Social Media [PDF - 1 MB]
- Innovative Strategies for Reducing Health Disparities: Adaptation and National Dissemination of a Brief, Evidence-Based, HIV Prevention Intervention for High-Risk Men Who Have Sex with Men [PDF - 940 KB]
- Innovative Strategies for Reducing Health Disparities: Violence [PDF - 2 MB]
- Power building to Advance Health Equity [PDF - 947 KB]
- Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Place Matters Initiative
- PolicyLink, Center for Health Equity and Place
- Families USA
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), Health Equity and Social Justice
- Roots of Health Inequity
- World Health Organization, Global Health Observatory (GHO), Health Equity Monitor
- Impatience of health professions students for health equity--can a new definition help?
- Addressing reproductive health disparities as a healthcare management priority: pursuing equity in the era of the Affordable Care Act
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs: 2014
- Investing in health: why, what, and three reflections
- Primary and secondary syphilis among black and Hispanic men who have sex with men: case report data from 27 States
- Sex, health, and society: ensuring an integrated response
- Using community-based participatory approaches to mobilize communities for policy change
- Looking at environmental justice from an environmental health perspective
- Gender, Race, Class, and Health: Intersectional Approaches
Videos / Interactive Tools & Trainings:
- CDC Practitioner’s Guide for Advancing Health Equity
- Unnatural Causes Documentary
- The Center for Health Equity and Social Justice: Shifting the Public Health Paradigm
- Communities Taking Action: Profiles of Health Equity
- Health Equity and Prevention Primer
- Health Equity Training Series
- National Equity Atlas
- Page last reviewed: April 21, 2016
- Page last updated: April 21, 2016
- Content source: