Hepatitis C FAQs for the Public
Index of Questions
± Transmission / Exposure
- How is Hepatitis C spread?
- Can Hepatitis C be spread through sexual contact?
- Can you get Hepatitis C by getting a tattoo or piercing?
- Can Hepatitis C be spread within a household?
- What are ways Hepatitis C is not spread?
- Who is at risk for Hepatitis C?
- What is the risk of a pregnant woman passing Hepatitis C to her baby?
- Can a person get Hepatitis C from a mosquito or other insect bite?
- Can I donate blood, organs, or semen if I have Hepatitis C?
- What are the symptoms of acute Hepatitis C?
- How soon after exposure to Hepatitis C do symptoms appear?
- Can a person spread Hepatitis C without having symptoms?
- Is it possible to have Hepatitis C and not know it?
- What are the symptoms of chronic Hepatitis C?
- How serious is chronic Hepatitis C?
- What are the long-term effects of Hepatitis C?
- Should a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus be restricted from working in certain jobs or settings?
- What is HIV and Hepatitis C virus coinfection?
- How long does the Hepatitis C virus survive outside the body?
- How should blood spills be cleaned from surfaces to make sure that Hepatitis C virus is gone?