Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CE10-1003 - UNITY II - Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
Initial Fiscal Year: 2010
FOA Number: CE10-1003
FOA Title: UNITY II - Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
The purpose of the program is to announce the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2010 funds from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a cooperative agreement to build capacity within specified U.S. cities to collaborate, plan, implement and sustain youth violence prevention principles, practices, and concepts (i.e. UNITY RoadMap) developed under cooperative agreement FOA CE-05042 (UNITY) (see Section VIII, Other Information). This includes:
• Refining and expanding a national consortium of key stakeholders representing the viewpoints of United States cities that can inform and support reframing the public discourse about youth violence prevention.
• Developing tools, strategies, and messages to build public health infrastructure and a broad base of support for multi-sectorial youth violence prevention
• Enhancing efforts to develop an urban agenda to direct US Cities planning and action to prevent youth violence. This program addresses the “Healthy People 2010” focus area(s) of Injury and Violence Prevention.
Project Title: UNITY 2: Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth
Grant Number: CE001945
Project Period: 9/1/2010 - 8/30/2013
- Page last reviewed: November 8, 2010
- Page last updated: January 27, 2014
- Content source:
- Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control