Eligibility and Application Information
- Application Timeline for the 2016-2017 Program
- Supporting Documents
- Application Deadlines
You must be:
- A medical or veterinary student in your 2nd or 3rd year when you apply
- Enrolled in a school accredited by the
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Covered by medical insurance during the fellowship
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Able to attend the CDC-Hubert Global Health Fellowship Short Course in Atlanta, August 18–21, 2016.
January 26, 2016
|Application period opens|
February 19, 2016
|Application deadline (11:59 p.m., ET)
Postmark date for supporting documents
April 18, 2016
|Selected applicants notified|
July 1, 2016
|Fellowship year begins
Fellows complete assignments at their school
August 18–21, 2016
|CDC-Hubert Global Health Fellowship Short Course at CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia|
September 1, 2016
June 30, 2017
|Fellowship year ends|
The application will open January 26, 2016.
Supporting documents must be postmarked by the deadline.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required from persons familiar with an applican'ts academic achivements, aspirations, personal qualities, and professional attributes. Recommendations must be specific to the Hubert Global Health Fellowship Application.
- Provide a copy of the Instructions for Letter of Recommendation [PDF - 2 pages] to persons sending letteers of recommendation on their behalf.
- Request one letter from a faculty member or Supervisor.
- Let the person writing the Letter of Recommendation know they will receive an email from HubertFellowshipApplication@cdc.gov with instructions about how to submit the letter electronically.
To submit your letter of recommendation, complete the following:
- Enter referee information into the Add Letter of Recommendation section accordding to required fields.
- Click on the Update button to confirm and to send system generated email from HubertFellowshipApplication@cdc.gov
- Once the refree(s) have received the system generated email, they will be able to upload PDF copies of recommendation letter.
The referee must:
- Sign and scan the letter of recommendation.
- Save the letter as a PDF file.
- Click on the link provided in the system generated email to upload the recommendation letter.
- Receive a system generated email from HubertFellowshipApplication@cdc.gov indicating that the upload was successful.
- Download the Academic Endorsement [PDF - 1 page]
- Completed and signed form by the student affairs office at your medical or veterinary school.
- Upload to the CDC-Hubert Global Health Fellowship program by the deadline.
February 19, 2016
- Deadline for the online application (11:59 p.m., ET)
- Supporting documents must be uploaded by this date
- Page last reviewed: February 5, 2016
- Page last updated: February 5, 2016
- Content source: