United Negro College Fund Special Programs Corporation (UNCFSP)
UNCFSP is a spin-off organization of the United Negro College Fund. UNCFSP’s mission is to organize and deliver educational support services such as capacity-building assistance, technical assistance, and workforce development programs to minority-serving institutions of higher education.
UNCFSP's Program in Action
UNCFSP is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Preventing HIV Infections on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). UNCFSP is:
- Continuing the Campus Health Advocates Mobilizing Prevention Strategies (CHAMPS) Network Consortium. The CHAMPS Network Consortium is composed of representatives from four HBCUs who serve as topical experts in coalition building, peer/prevention education, curriculum infusion, social marketing, and policy development. Participating schools include Alabama A&M University, Howard University, Norfolk State University, and Spelman College.
- Enlisting and training peer educators to promote evidenced-based practices for HIV/AIDS/sexually transmitted infections (STI) risk reduction and prevention.
- Creating a policy forum, led by a distinguished national HBCU health policy expert, to address the capacity of policy makers at HBCUs to improve the delivery, effectiveness, and sustainability of disease prevention and health promotion programs and services.
- Disseminating HIV/AIDS/STI prevention models, strategies, and products created by CHAMPS to broader HBCUs and stakeholders.
- Developing a Website to provide access to program accomplishments and evaluation tools.
- Planning and developing a meeting with Consortium members at a CHAMPS National Conference to share lessons learned from implementing HIV/AIDS/STI prevention programs at HBCUs, provide opportunities for networking with other HBCUs, and identify future collaboration efforts around HIV/AIDS/STI prevention activities.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO