National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)
The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staff members of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths, and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance, and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues.
NCSL's Program in Action
NCSL is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) within CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and other Centers at CDC. With CDC funding, NCSL is
- Tracking state legislation related to adolescent and school health issues.
- Consolidating adolescent risk behavior information on the NCSL Web site to allow easier access to current NCSL resources.
- Preparing and disseminating publications to educate NCSL members about adolescent health issues, including HIV, other STD, and teen pregnancy prevention.
- Creating professional development materials for other DASH-funded partners on how state legislatures work and on interacting with state legislators.
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO