National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
NASTAD strengthens state- and territory-based leadership, expertise, and advocacy to reduce the incidence of HIV infection and provide care and support to all who live with HIV/AIDS. NASTAD’s vision is a world free of HIV/AIDS.
NASTAD's Program in Action
NASTAD is supported by DASH in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and other Centers at CDC. With DASH funding, NASTAD is
- Working with the National Stakeholders Collaborative (NSC) to plan and conduct a National Stakeholders Meeting (NSM) Reconvene to strengthen collaboration between state health and state education agencies to support and improve prevention of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and unintended and teen pregnancy for youth. The NSC is comprised of the National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD), the National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD), the Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP), and the The Society of State Leaders of Health and Physical Education.
- Providing ongoing follow-up support and technical assistance to NSM participants to identify and overcome barriers to integrating programs and policies that help prevent HIV infection, STDs, and unintended and teen pregnancy.
- Increasing awareness among members about the policy landscape of HIV prevention education for youth through the development of four youth-focused articles for publication in the Prevention Bulletin.
- Serving on the DASH Task Force on Health Disparities Among School-Aged Youth of Color (African American Task Force) and providing input to DASH regarding their youth of color initiatives.
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO