National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE)
NASBE is the national private association representing all state and territorial boards of education. Since 1987, NASBE has partnered with the Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) to provide guidance and assistance to state and local education policymakers and practitioners. NASBE's goal is to encourage safe, healthy, and nurturing school environments for all of the nation's children and youth.
NASBE's Program in Action
NASBE is funded under one Capacity-Building Assistance category:
- Preventing Chronic Diseases: Increasing Healthy Eating.
For Preventing Chronic Diseases: Increasing Healthy Eating, NASBE is
- Providing technical assistance and support to all CDC-DASH 801 grantees and providing them with materials, resources, and other capacity building assistance.
- Providing four $15,000 grants to state board members, state health experts, and coordinated school health teams in Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Mississippi to evaluate current nutrition policy and develop plans to strengthen policy.
- Distributing policy information and guidance to support healthy eating and school health to the nation’s state and local health and education agencies through NASBE’s policy updates, issue briefs, and other written materials.
- Maintaining and updating NASBE’s online state school health policy database, which contains state laws, regulations, and other policies on dozens of school health issues.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices concerning school nutrition amongst states and local districts via policy focused webinars.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO