National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD)
NACDD links chronic disease program directors in every U.S. state and territory and provides a national forum focused on efforts to reduce the impact of chronic diseases and their risk factors on states and communities nationwide.
NACCD's Program in Action
NACDD is supported by DASH in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and other Centers at CDC. With DASH funding, NACDD is
- Collaborating with the The Society of State Leaders of Health and Physical Education and the Directors of Health Promotion and Education in the Coordinated School Health Program (CSHP) Collaborative. The Collaborative convenes trainings for teams comprised of state education and health agency coordinators to strengthen collaborative efforts to advance the understanding and implementation of CSHPs within schools.
- Informing NACDD members to increase knowledge and encourage partnerships to increase health promotion and chronic disease prevention programs in school settings.
- Publishing, disseminating and evaluating the guide, How Health Departments Work & How to Work with Health Departments. This guide describes the way health departments work, and provides approaches to working with state health departments and offers practical steps. This guide may be used as a training tool, program development tool, or reference for health and education staff.
- Encouraging collaboration among state health and education agencies to strengthen the infrastructure for Coordinated School Health Programs.
- Posting Coordinated School Health Program success stories to the NACDD Web site.
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO