National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
NACCHO is dedicated to protecting and improving the health of all people and all communities by promoting national policy, developing resources and programs, seeking health equity, and supporting effective local public health practice and systems.
NACCHO's Program in Action
NACCHO is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Preventing HIV Infections: State and Local Health Agencies.
- Funding and providing capacity building assistance to three local health department (LHD) demonstration sites for implementation of local action plans in collaboration with the Local Education Agency.
- Identifying additional LHDs to provide adolescent HIV/STI and/or unintended pregnancy prevention peer technical assistance, and facilitating peer technical assistance sessions via teleconference and in-person follow-up visits.
- Collaborating with the National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD) to conduct a second training, offer a mini grant, and provide follow-up technical assistance to the first cohort of Project CO-ACT (COllaboration in ACTion: Reducing HIV/STDs and High Risk Behaviors in Our Communities).
- Collaborating with NCSD to identify and provide capacity building assistance to a second Project CO-ACT cohort to facilitate the development and implementation of collaborative action plans between involved state and local health and education agencies.
- Conducting an evaluation of NACCHO’s DASH-funded Adolescent HIV/STI Prevention Project to determine the extent to which the project has met its stated goals.
Other NGOs funded under this category:
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO