Medical Institute (MI)
MI is a scientific, educational, nonprofit organization that promotes healthy sexual decisions through the use of credible science.
MI's Program in Action
MI is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Promoting Sexual Abstinence: Parental Involvement in Education.
- Educating parenting adults, especially those in high-risk minority populations, about sexual health and ways to improve the health of at-risk youth. The Building Family Connections curriculum is based on the Spanish-language sexual health curriculum for grandparents [La salud de mis nietos es primero (The Health of My Grandchildren Comes First)].
- Training World Vision, Inc., master trainers and other health educators from established local community and faith-based organizations to implement the curriculum in their communities.
- Training parents, grandparents, and other adults who care for children in high-risk communities.
- Providing technical assistance to local Building Family Connections facilitators to design and implement locally relevant, culturally appropriate parent sessions.
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO