Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE)
Recipient of the
Lloyd Kolbe Award for Excellence in Promoting Coordinated School Health Programs 2007
DHPE is a national organization that represents state health agency directors of health promotion and prevention programs and their state, local, and national partners.
DHPE's Program in Action
DHPE is supported by DASH in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and other Centers at CDC. With DASH funding, DHPE is
- Marketing and providing training on the School Employee Wellness: A Guide for Protecting the Assets of Our Nation’s School, which provides information, practical tools and resources for school employee wellness programs.
- Providing professional development opportunities for DHPE members to expand their involvement and effectiveness in Coordinated School Health Programs (CSHP).
- Ensuring DHPE members understand the role of school health in national initiatives like obesity prevention, physical activity, nutrition, and tobacco cessation efforts.
- Strengthening the communication network and promotion of CSHP among DHPE members, their state health and education agencies, and other school partners.
- Collaborating with the The Society of State Leaders of Health and Physical Education and the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors in the CSHP Collaborative. The Collaborative convenes trainings for teams comprised of state education and health agency coordinators to strengthen collaborative efforts to advance the understanding and implementation of CSHPs within schools.
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO