Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP)
AMCHP is a national organization representing state public health leaders and academic, advocacy, and family health professionals that works to improve the health and well-being of women, children, youth (including those with special health care needs), and families.
AMCHP's Program in Action
AMCHP is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Preventing HIV Infections: State and Local Health Agencies.
- Working with the National Stakeholders Collaborative (NSC) to strengthen collaboration between state health and education agencies to support and improve prevention of HIV, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and unintended pregnancy for youth. The NSC is comprised of AMCHP, the National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD), the National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD), and the Society of State Directors of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. During Year 5, the NSC is:
- Providing follow-up technical assistance to the states who participated in the National Stakeholder Meeting (NSM) 2.0s in the form of conference calls, one content specific webinar series, and the opportunity to apply for intensive technical assistance support.
- Conducting a comprehensive year-end evaluation with the state teams to determine and document outcomes of the process.
- Reviewing evaluation data from the cooperative agreement to identify the impact of the Collaborative activities and determine strategic direction for the partnership.
- Developing and launching a web-based resource to enhance access to relevant resources from the internal State Team Clearinghouse and enable networking among users.
- Communicating the lessons learned and success stories from the NSC and NSM process to public health and education professionals.
- Providing capacity building assistance to four Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health Disparities (ARSH) Scholars in the form of follow-up support conference calls and the option to select one intensive technical assistance opportunity from a menu of options, including peer-to-peer mentoring, mini grant funds, or an in-state facilitated meeting.
- Conducting two webinars for state health and education agency staff and adolescent health partners on evidence-based practices in adolescent health.
Other NGOs funded under this category:
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO