American Association of School Administrators (AASA)
The mission of AASA is to support and develop effective school system leaders who are dedicated to the highest quality public education for all children.
AASA's Program in Action
AASA is funded to provide Capacity-Building Assistance for Preventing Chronic Disease: Reducing the Burden of Asthma.
- Collaborating with the National School Boards Association (NSBA) to continue the work of the Leadership Forum for Healthy Students and Healthy Schools—a group composed of state school administrators associations, state school boards associations, and other key stakeholders in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, and Wisconsin—to make school leaders aware of the burden of asthma in schools and to make positive changes for students with asthma at the local level.
- Assisting the Leadership Forum for Healthy Students and Healthy Schools to monitor program success and impact through data collection and evaluation to create best practices.
- Providing professional development for school leaders and local school board members at professional conferences, meetings, and exhibits.
- Collecting success stories about changes in asthma management practices at the local level via the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) and NSBA Web sites.
- Collaborating with the National Parent Teacher Association and the National Collaboration for Youth to create a guide on how school leaders, parents, and the community can work together to improve health outcomes for children with asthma.
- Disseminating a Web-based communication kit, which includes templates for letters to the media, parents, and the community; sample state and local policies; success stories; and links to Internet resources on addressing asthma among youth.
Other NGOs funded under this category:
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Adolescent and School Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO