This page lists publications, tools, and fact sheets from CDC’s Division of Adolescent and School Health designed specifically for parents and families.
Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
- Recommended Nutrition Standards for Foods Outside of School Meal Programs: Information for Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and School Staff [pdf 1.5M]
- The Physical Activity Guidelines for Children and Adolescents: The Role of Families in Promoting Youth Physical Activity [pdf 939] Slide Presentation [ppt 1.4M]
- Youth Physical Activity: The Role of Families [pdf 2.3M]
- Parental Monitoring
- Monitoring Your Teen’s Activities: What Parents and Families Should Know [pdf 320K]
- Youth Violence: Electronic Media and Youth Violence: A CDC Issue Brief for Educators and Caregivers [pdf 5.5M]