Health Promotion Materials
Many people are unaware of how to protect themselves during recreational swimming activities. Whether you're looking for answers to your own questions, are interested in aquatics staff training, or are an educator seeking to raise awareness about recreational water illnesses (RWIs) or other topics, the links below should serve as a valuable resource.
Please visit Information for Specific Groups and Audiences for information concerning the public, aquatics staff, public and medical health professionals, travelers, and Spanish speakers.
Below you will find a variety of resources to help you learn more about recreational water illnesses (RWIs), healthy swimming, pool chemical safety, and other water-related disease prevention topics.
- Brochures Printable brochures for distribution to swimmers and the general public to educate them on healthy swimming and recreational water illnesses
- Fact Sheets Printable fact sheets on important recreational water-related topics
- Podcasts Audio podcasts about recreational water illnesses, healthy swimming, and water-related disease prevention
- Posters Printable posters about healthy swimming behaviors, pool chemical safety, and hygiene topics for distribution or public display at pools
- Mobile Apps Applications for mobile devices highlighting healthy swimming information and outbreaks
- Social Media Infographics, web buttons, badges, and other materials to promote healthy swimming and prevent recreational water illnesses
- Stories Stories that illustrate the importance of healthy swimming and can help promote health and safety messages
- Videos/TV Videos and television segments on healthy swimming and recreational water topics
Below you will find a variety of resources about recreational water illnesses (RWIs) and other healthy swimming topics developed by state and local health departments and other partners.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at healthyswimming@