These applications help users learn about healthy swimming on their mobile devices.
Getting ready to go swimming or working at the pool? Don’t leave home without CDC’s Healthy Swimming app!
Help keep yourself and your family healthy and safe this summer swim season. If you are a pool inspector, operator or lifeguard, have the latest information at your fingertips to answer patron questions. We all share the water we play and swim in. Learn about the germs that we all bring into the places we swim, how they could make you and others sick, and how you can take a few easy and effective steps to help protect yourself and others.
This app will tell you about:
- How we benefit from swimming. Did you know swimming can improve your health—and your mood?
- Where we swim. Did you know germs could be lurking anywhere you swim or play in the water—even in the pool down the street?
- What's in the water. Did you know chlorine and other disinfectants don’t kill germs instantly?
- How to stay healthy and safe. Healthy and safe swimming is easy with CDC's simple tips!
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Solve the Outbreak
Featuring a swimming pool birthday party gone bad!
Perfect for teens, young adults, and public health nerds of all ages, Solve the Outbreak is a great way to take the study of epidemiology outside the classroom.
- Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way
- See how disease detectives save lives around the world
- Try your hand at solving an outbreak
- Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to do better
Apple Version Requirements:
Requires Apple iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Android Version Requirements:
Only available on 7" tablets or larger. Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher.
Download the free app today!
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at healthyswimming@