Health Promotion Materials
Many people are unaware of how to protect themselves during recreational swimming activities. Whether you're looking for answers to your own questions, are interested in aquatics staff training, or are an educator seeking to raise awareness about recreational water illnesses (RWIs) or other topics, the links below should serve as a valuable resource.
Please visit Information for Specific Groups for information concerning the public, aquatics staff, public health and medical professionals, travelers, and Spanish speakers.
Below you will find a variety of resources to help you learn more about recreational water illnesses (RWIs), healthy swimming, pool chemical safety, and other water-related disease prevention topics.
- Brochures Printable brochures for distribution to swimmers and the general public to educate them on healthy swimming and recreational water illnesses
- Buttons & Banners Images to promote healthy swimming on websites, blogs, and social networks
- Fact Sheets Printable fact sheets on important recreational water-related topics
- Infographics Shareable infographics about healthy swimming and playing in water
- Podcasts Audio podcasts about recreational water illnesses, healthy swimming, and water-related disease prevention
- Posters Printable posters about healthy swimming behaviors, pool chemical safety, and hygiene topics for distribution or public display at pools
- Mobile Apps Applications for mobile devices highlighting healthy swimming information and outbreaks
- Social Media Library Messages about healthy swimming to share on social media channels
- Stories Stories that illustrate the importance of healthy swimming and can help promote health and safety messages
- Videos/TV Videos and television segments on healthy swimming and recreational water topics
Below you will find a variety of resources about recreational water illnesses (RWIs) and other healthy swimming topics developed by state and local health departments and other partners.