Health Promotion Materials
Many people are unaware of how to protect themselves during recreational swimming activities. Whether you're looking for answers to your own questions, are interested in aquatics staff training, or are an educator seeking to raise awareness about recreational water illnesses (RWIs) or other topics, the links below should serve as a valuable resource.
Please visit Information for Specific Groups and Audiences for information concerning the public, aquatics staff, public and medical health professionals, travelers, and Spanish speakers.
Below you will find a variety of resources to help you learn more about recreational water illness (RWI), healthy swimming, pool chemical safety, and other water-related disease prevention topics.
- Brochures Printable brochures for distribution to swimmers and the general public to educate them on healthy swimming and recreational water illnesses
- Fact Sheets Printable fact sheets on important recreational water-related topics
- Podcasts Audio podcasts about recreational water illnesses, healthy swimming, and water-related disease prevention
- Posters Printable posters about healthy swimming behaviors, pool chemical safety, and hygiene topics for for distribution or public display at pools
- Videos/TV Videos and television segments on healthy swimming and recreational water topics
- Mobile Apps Applications for mobile devices highlighting healthy swimming information and outbreaks
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at healthyswimming@