Disinfection & Remediation of Pools & Hot Tubs
- Your Disinfection Team: Chlorine and pH Fact Sheet
- Chlorine Disinfection Timetable
- Recommendations for Preventing Pool Chemical-Associated Injuries
- Chlorine Dioxide & Chlorite
- WHO. Chemical Hazards in Drinking-water
- Hyperchlorination to kill Cryptosporidium (Revised March 2012) [PDF - 1 page]
- Water Contamination Response Log
- Fecal Incident Response Recommendations for Pool Staff (Revised Nov 2010) [PDF - 4 pages]
- CDC. Notice to readers: Revised recommendations for responding to fecal accidents in disinfected swimming venues. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008;57(06):151-2.
- CDC. Notice to readers: Responding to fecal accidents in disinfected swimming venues. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2001;50(20):416-7.
- CDC. Prevalence of parasites in fecal material from chlorinated swimming pools — United States, 1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2001;50(20):410-2.
- Vomit and Blood Contamination in Pools
- Disinfection of Hot Tubs Contaminated with Legionella [PDF - 2 pages]
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
- For more information, please contact us at healthyswimming@