Job Seekers: Non-U.S. Citizens
Thank you for your interest in international opportunities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
There are opportunities for non-US citizens to work for the CDC. Non-US Citizens are eligible for employment through fellowship programs, as contract staff with companies with a viable contract with CDC, or as individual contractors. In most cases, non-US citizens are not hired as career civil service federal employees.
Following are fellowship programs that accept non-US citizens and have international opportunities. Please visit the respective websites to learn about eligibility and application requirements.
- Service Fellowship Program
- To obtain a service fellowship position, contact the programs to which you wish to apply and make them aware of your work interests and your qualifications.
- CDC uses this mechanism overseas when positions are difficult to fill and there is authorization from the US Embassy in a particular country. The individual programs do their own recruitment and selection for such positions.
- Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS)
- Prevention Effectiveness Fellowship Program (PEFP)
- Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program (PHIFP)
- Page last reviewed: October 27, 2009
- Page last updated: October 27, 2009
- Content source:
Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.