CDC Jobs Overseas
Welcome! Thank you for starting your search for CDC international assignments here. This is the first step towards an exciting career in global public health.
CDC strives to find well-qualified, talented people to achieve the agency’s Global Health Protection Goal: "Healthy People in a Healthy World” through health promotion, health protection and health diplomacy.To view job postings for overseas positions, view the latest job announcements on the USAJOBS website.
Where do I fit?
CDC job opportunities overseas are available based on individual qualifications, federal employment status, and citizenship. For more information on your employment options, please click on the following category(ies):
- Job Seekers - US Citizens
- Job Seekers - Non-US Citizens
- Current Federal Employees
- Health Professionals
- Students or Recent Graduates
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
To qualify for CDC overseas jobs, you must be able to work independently and adapt to new situations and changing environments. Successful candidates typically have a post graduate degree (masters or doctorate) or college plus relevant specialized experience, outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
CDC global health programs typically hire overseas employees at a relatively senior level, GS-13 or its equivalent in the Commissioned Corps/U.S. Public Health Service. If you are currently at a lower grade, consider applying first for domestic positions that will provide qualifying experience.
Applying for a Job? New Procedures Effective 9/24/08Effective Wednesday, September 24, 2008, the Atlanta Human Resources Center (AHRC) is implementing a new fax-imaging feature to enhance, streamline and further automate our application process. Use of this feature is mandatory for anyone applying to CDC vacancy announcements opening on or after September 24, 2008. Once applicants submit their resume on-line and click "Finished" in USA Jobs , the process is as follows:
- Applicants will be prompted to select, populate and print fax transmittal coversheets to submit along with their supporting documentation (e.g. SF-50, DD-214, transcripts, etc.);
- Applicants will manually fax the supporting documentation and fax transmittal coversheet to 1-866-539-4484. Applicants must use the auto-generated fax coversheet to ensure that the supporting documents route and link to the appropriate application;
- Applicants will receive an auto-generated e-mail confirming receipt of their fax transmission;
- The supporting documents will automatically link to the application; and
- Human Resources (and selecting officials) will be able to electronically view the applicant's supporting documentation.
This exciting new feature will significantly reduce time and resources spent on retrieving and matching faxed hardcopy documents to applications.
- CDC Programs With Positions Overseas
- Brochure: CDC Career Opportunities in Global Health
- Frequently Asked Questions About CDC Jobs Overseas
- CDC Vacancy Announcements target applicants in four job titles: epidemiologist, public health advisor, health scientist and medical officer. Please read the directions carefully and fully answer every question. For more details about the application process, view the presentation Applying for Work Overseas.