More Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis) Resources
- Notes from the Field: Coccidioides immitis Identified in Soil Outside of Its Known Range — Washington, 2013. MMWR 2014;63:450.
- Coccidioidomycosis Among Cast and Crew Members at an Outdoor Television Filming Event—California, 2012. MMWR 2014;63:321-324.
- Increase in Reported Coccidioidomycosis—United States, 1998–2011. MMWR 2013;62:217-21.
- Increase in Coccidioidomycosis—California. MMWR 2009;58:105-9.
- Increase in Coccidioidomycosis—Arizona. MMWR 2003;52:109-12.
- Coccidioidomycosis among persons attending the world championship of model airplane flying—Kern County, California, October 2001. MMWR 2001;50:1106-7.
- Coccidioidomycosis in workers at an archeologic site—Dinosaur National Monument, Utah, June-July 2001. MMWR 2001;50:1005-8.
- Coccidioidomycosis in travelers returning from Mexico—Pennsylvania, 2000. MMWR 2000;49:1004-6.
- Coccidioidomycosis—Arizona, 1990–1995. [PDF - 24 pages] MMWR 1996;45:1069-73.
- Coccidioidomycosis following the Northridge Earthquake—California, 1994. MMWR 1994;43:194-5.
- Arizona Department of Health Services – Valley Fever
- California Department of Public Health – Valley Fever
- Kern County Public Health Services Department – Valley Fever
- Valley Fever Center for Excellence
- University of Southern California Annenberg School of Journalism – Just One Breath
- Washington State Department of Health – Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever)
- Coccidioidomycosis in the US Southwest [PDF – 2 pages]
- Coccidioidomycosis in California [PDF – 2 pages]
- Ten Things to Know about Valley Fever (2014)
- Valley Fever: Awareness is Key (2013)
- Valley Fever: Working Toward a Solution (2013)
- Breathing Valley Fever (2014)
Dr. Duc Vugia, chief of the Infectious Diseases Branch in the California Department of Public Health, discusses Valley Fever.
- Death from Fungus in the Soil (2012)
Dr. Shira Shafir, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, discusses her study about fungus found in soil.
- Coccidioidomycosis in Arizona 2007-2008 (2010)
This podcast looks at the impact of Coccidioidomycosis, or valley fever, in Arizona in 2007 and early 2008.
- Valley Fever Disease: The Zebra Among the Horses (2013)
A video documentary about valley fever produced by the New Mexico Department of Health and CDC.
- Valley Fever: Diagnosis and Treatment (2013)
CDC expert Dr. Benjamin Park talks to clinicians about diagnosis and treatment of valley fever.
Information for specific groups of people
- For travelers: information on Coccidioidomycosis from the CDC's Travelers' Health Yellow Book
- For people who work outdoors in areas that are endemic for valley fever:
- CDC-NIOSH – Work-related Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever)
- Fact sheet for archaeologists from the National Park Service Office of Public Health [PDF - 2 pages]
- U.S. Geological Survey’s Operational Guidelines for Geological Fieldwork in Areas Endemic for Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever) [PDF - 16 pages]
- For healthcare providers:
- Coccidioidomycosis Continuing Medical Education Course presented by the Valley Fever Center for Excellence at the University of Arizona
- Infectious Disease Society of America’s Practice Guidelines for the Treatment of Coccidioidomycosis
- Valley Fever Center for Excellence Tutorial for Primary Care Professionals [PDF - 40 pages]