NEW Updated Tables, August 2014 [PDF - 28,246 KB]
Revised August 2014
The Updated Tables, July 2014, were withdrawn August 8, 2014 after NHANES discovered and alerted us to an error in sampling weights in selected data files for NHANES 2011-2012. This was in addition to a previous NHANES issue involving sample weights for the chemicals measured in pooled samples for survey years 2005-2006 and 2007-2008 and which resulted in withdrawing the pooled data tables.
This Updated Tables, August 2014, includes NHANES 2011-2012 data not affected by the sampling weight error. When the corrected files are available from NHANES, we will recalculate our summary data and add those tables to a future release. For additional details, see the Introduction section of the Updated Tables, August 2014.
Fourth Report, 2009 [PDF - 6,517 KB]
The Fourth National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals, 2009, (the Fourth Report, 2009) presents data for 212 chemicals. The Fourth Report includes the findings from nationally representative samples for 1999-2004.
The blood and urine samples reported in both publications were collected from participants in CDC's National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), which obtains and releases health-related data from a nationally representative sample in two year cycles.
- Executive Summary of the Fourth Report [PDF - 1,045 KB]
- Suggested Citations
- Chemicals in the Updated Tables [PDF - 99 KB]
- Chemical Factsheets
- Chemical Selection
- Biomonitoring Summaries
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Peer-Reviewed Biomonitoring Articles
- SAS Code for Calculating Confidence Intervals of Percentiles [TXT - 9 KB]
- Archives: What's New and Different (Updated Tables)
- About CDC's Environmental Health Lab
- Page last reviewed: June 3, 2014
- Page last updated: June 3, 2014
- Content source: