Roadmap for State Program Planning
The Roadmap is a Web-based resource for training and information to help build the competencies needed by state Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention (HDSP) Program Coordinators. It provides suggested steps for carrying out requirements of the HDSP Program as well as easy online access to training, tools, and other resources needed for successful program development and implementation. The Roadmap offers information on four key areas of programmatic activities for developing and implementing a heart disease and stroke prevention program, including what to do and how to do it.
The Roadmap was originally developed to provide support for HDSP Programs; however, the content may be of use and helpful to others in building initiatives to prevent heart disease and stroke. It is a work in progress, and the site will be updated regularly with new content, applicable information, and resources. Feedback from state staff is welcome and will assist us in this process.
- National Forum for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention
- AHA’s 2009 Update of Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics [PDF-2.9M]
- Promoting Health Equity Workbook [PDF–4.68M]
- Almanac of Chronic Disease
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2013
- Page last updated: August 1, 2013
- Content source: