State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and Associated Risk Factors and Promote School Health
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports statewide implementation of cross-cutting approaches to promote health and prevent and control chronic diseases and their risk factors. Four chronic disease prevention programs (Diabetes; Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention; Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity; and School Health) are included in this FOA. Collectively, these programs represent activities and intervention strategies that draw from each of the four chronic disease domains. For information on the Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Domains, see below.
There are two components to this FOA. The first is a non-competitive basiccomponent that will be awarded to all 50 states and the District of Columbia if they submit a technically acceptable application. The second is a competitive enhancedcomponent that will provide funding for up to 25 states. All states and the District of Columbia are eligible to apply for the competitive enhanced component. The enhanced component will be objectively reviewed and scored.
The five-year project is expected to begin on July 1, 2013.
The official Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) can be found at www.grants.gov. To access the announcement and application package:
- Select www.grants.gov
- Select 'Apply for Grants'
- Select 'Step 1: Download a Grant Application
- Insert the Funding Announcement Number in the appropriate search box: CDC-RFA-DP13-1305
- Potential applicant conference call: CDC conducted a conference call for all interested applicants to provide technical assistance and respond to any questions regarding the FOA process on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:00p.m., U.S. Eastern Standard Time. The transcript from the call can be accessed here [PDF-82Kb].
- Letter of Intent Deadline Date: March 19, 2013, for enhanced component only
- Application Deadline Date: April 19, 2013 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time, on www.grants.gov
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO