About the Center
CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) is at the forefront of the nation's efforts to prevent and control chronic diseases. On these pages, read about our:
- Public Health Approach
- Funding Opportunities Announcements
- Organizational Chart
NCCDPHP leads the nation’s efforts to create expertise, information, and tools to support people and communities in preventing chronic diseases and promoting health for all.
All people living full, healthy lives free from the burdens of chronic disease.
- Monitor, prevent, delay, detect, and control chronic diseases.
- Conduct chronic disease research and translate to practical and effective prevention strategies.
- Promote social, environmental, policy, and systems approaches that support health.
- Achieve equity in health by eliminating racial and ethnic disparities and achieving optimal health for all Americans.
- Work with partners from all sectors of society to increase the reach and effectiveness of public health programs.
- Develop a skilled, diverse, and dynamic public health workforce at the national, state, and local levels.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO