2015 provisional data for the United States
- In 2015, chikungunya virus disease became a nationally notifiable condition. Cases are reported to CDC by state and local health departments using standard case definitions.
- As of January 12, 2016, a total of 679 chikungunya virus disease cases with illness onset in 2015 have been reported to ArboNET from 44 U.S. states (Table & Map). All reported cases occurred in travelers returning from affected areas. No locally-transmitted cases have been reported from U.S. states.
- A total of 202 chikungunya virus disease cases with illness onset in 2015 have been reported to ArboNET from U.S. territories (Table). All reported cases were locally-transmitted cases reported from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Table. Laboratory-confirmed chikungunya virus disease cases reported to ArboNET by state or territory— United States, 2015 (as of January 12, 2016) Adobe PDF file [PDF - 1 page]
States reporting chikungunya virus disease cases – United States, 2015 (as of January 12, 2016)
- Page last reviewed: August 3, 2015
- Page last updated: January 12, 2016
- Content source: