CDC CFS Publications
This is a compilation of publications by the CDC CFS Public Health Research Program from 2006 to present. This section includes only publications involving the CDC CFS research group.
- Boneva RS, Decker MJ, Maloney EM, Lin JMS, Jones JF, Helgason HG, Heim C, Rye DB, Reeves WC. Higher heart rate and reduced heart rate variability persist during sleep in chronic fatigue syndrome: a population-based study. Autonomic Neuroscience Basic and Clinical 137:94-101, 2007.
- Cameron B, Galbraith S, Zhang Y, Davenport T, Vollmer-Conna U, Wakefield D, Hickie I, Dunsmuir W, Whistler T, Vernon S, Reeves W, Lloyd A. Gene expression correlates of post infective fatigue syndrome after infectious mononucleosis. J Infect Dis 196:56-66, 2007.
- Chung Y, Lee SY, Elston RC, Park T. Odds ratio based multifactor-dimensionality reduction method for detecting gene-gene interactions. Bioinformatics. 23:71-76, 2007.
- Emmert-Streib F. The chronic fatigue syndrome: a comparative pathway analysis. Journal of Computational Biology. 14:961-972, 2007.
- Everett B, Cameron B, Li H, Vollmer-Conna U, Davenport T, Hickie I, Wakefield D, Vernon S, Reeves WC, Lloyd AR. Polymorphisms in Toll-like receptors-2 and -4 are not associated with disease manifestations in acute Q fever. Genes and Immunity 13 September 2007.
- Gupta S, Aslakson E, Gurbaxani BM, Vernon SD. Inclusion of the glucocorticoid receptor in a hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis model reveals bistability. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modeling 4:8, 2007.
- Hollier M, Whistler T, Dawson C, Vernon SD. Two optimized combination assays to examine apoptosis pathways in clinical samples. Cytometry Part A 71A:675-685, 2007.
- Jones JF, Kohl KS, Ahmadipour N, Bleigenberg G, Buchwald D, Evengard B, Jason LA, Klimas NG, Lloyd A, McCleary K, Oleske JM, White PD. Fatigue: case definition and guidelines for collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data. Vaccine 25:5685-5696, 2007.
- Jones JF, Maloney E, Boneva RS, Jones AB, Reeves WC. Complementary and alternative medical therapy utilization by people with chronic fatiguing illnesses in the United States: a pilot study. BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine 7:12, 2007.
- Jones JF. An extended concept of altered self: chronic fatigue and post-infection syndromes. Psychoneuroendocrinology 31 December 2007.
- Lonergan WW, Whistler T, Vernon SD. Comparison of target labeling methods for use with Affymetric gene chips. BMC Biotechnology 7:24, 2007.
- Majer M, Jones JF, Unger ER, Solomon Youngblood L, Decker MJ, Maloney E, Gurbaxani B, Heim C, Reeves WC. Perception versus polysomnographic assessment of sleep in CFS and non-fatigued controls: results from a population-based study. BMC Neurology 7:40, 2007.
- Noy K, Fasulo D. Improved model-based, platform-independent feature extraction for mass spectrometry. Bioinformatics. 23:2528-2535, 2007.
- Rajeevan MS, Smith AK, Dimulescu I, Unger ER, Vernon SD, Heim C, Reeves WC. Glucocorticoid receptor polymorphisms and haplotypes associated with chronic fatigue syndrome. Genes Brain and Behavior 6:167-176, 2007.
- Reeves WC, Jones JF, Maloney E, Heim C, Hoaglin DC, Boneva RS, Morrissey M, Devlin R. Prevalence of chronic fatigue syndrome in metropolitan, urban, and rural Georgia. Population Health Metrics 5:5, 2007.
- Rollin D, Whistler T, Vernon SD. Laboratory methods to improve SELDI peak detection and quantitation. Proteome Science 5:9, 2007.
- Vernon SD, Whistler T. Microarray technology for use in molecular epidemiology. In Microarrays Vol 2. Applications and Data analysis Series: Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 382:97-113. Rampal JB (Ed). Academic Press 2nd ed, 2007.
- Vollmer-Conna U, Cameron B, Hadzi-Pavlovic D, Singletary K, Davenport T, Nisenbaum R, Vernon S, Reeves WC, Hickie I, Wakefield D, Lloyd AR. Post-infective fatigue syndrome is not associated with altered cytokine production. Clin Infect Dis 45:732-735, 2007.
- Whistler T, Rollin D, Vernon SD. A method for improving SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry data quality. Proteome Science 5:14, 2007.