Links Related to Skin Cancer
On This Page
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SunWise program is a health and environmental education program that teaches children and their caregivers how to protect themselves from overexposure to the sun.
- National Cancer Institute's (NCI) Information on Melanoma includes information about detection, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of melanoma, as well as skin cancer statistics, research, and clinical trials.
- NCI's What You Need to Know About Skin Cancer
- The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention is comprised of more than 45 organizations whose staffs have experience, expertise, and knowledge in the area of disease prevention and education.
- The Global Solar UV Index, provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in partnership with the National Weather Service (NWS), includes UV index forecasts for 58 U.S. cities from NWS and allows Internet users to check UV forecasts by ZIP code.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): Skin Cancer
- NIH: Skin Care and Aging
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- USPSTF Skin Cancer Screening Recommendations
- Preventing Skin Cancer: Findings of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services on Reducing Exposure to Ultraviolet Light
- Counseling to Prevent Skin Cancer: Recommendations and Rationale of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Guide to Community Preventive Services
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association for Health Education
- American Cancer Society
- American Public Health Association
- American School Health Association
- California Department of Health Services, Skin Cancer Prevention Program
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Melanoma Research Foundation
- National Association of School Nurses, Inc.
- National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Sun Safety Alliance
- SunSafe Project, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
4770 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO