Registry Plus Online Help Technical Information and Installation
Registry Plus programs work with 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® operating systems on x86-compatible processors. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the Microsoft Windows operating system used.
Additional system requirements include
- Microsoft® Windows® operating environments: XP/Vista/7.
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Windows 7).
- Latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (recommended).
- 200 MB of free hard-disk space.
Installing or Upgrading Online Help
Before you install or upgrade Online Help, please read the following information.
- Online Help is not designed to upgrade automatically via the Internet.
- If someone else is responsible for maintenance of your computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance. If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you must be logged on as the administrator.
- If you are upgrading or reinstalling an existing version of Online Help, uninstall the existing Online Help program.
- From the Windows Control Panel, choose Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Online Help.
- Click the Change/Remove button.
- Click Next; then Remove; then Next in succession on the resulting dialog boxes, and respond to any further prompts that appear.
- If you receive a message during the uninstall process about deleting shared files, choose not to delete any shared files.
- Delete all files in the folder in which the previous version was installed; then delete the folder.
- If you are installing Online Help for the first time, you may install it on the drive and folder of your choosing; however, you cannot install it on a network drive. Online Help must be installed on a local drive of your choosing.
- Important note. If you have installed a version of Online Help earlier than version 10.1, you must delete the files from the earlier installation manually. Use Windows Explorer to find to find the folder in which Online Help is currently installed, and delete the folder.
- Download Online Help, RP_Help_NAACCR_122.exe (executable file, 17.4 MB, January 2, 2013) to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file. The installation program will direct you through the steps for installing Online Help. If you are a first-time user, we recommend you select the defaults.
- When installed, double-click the Online Help icon on the desktop.
- Select a tab from the pane on the left side of the window:
- Contents: Select this tab to browse the manuals included and to view the order of topics. Open the Table of Contents for a manual by double-clicking on its book icon.
- Index: Select this tab to search for a topic that has been indexed. Type a search term and press Enter, or double-click a search term in the index.
- Search: Select this tab to perform a full-text search for a term that has not been indexed. Type the search term; then press Enter or click the List Topics button.
- Favorites: Select this tab to add topics to a favorites list or browse the list of favorite topics.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO