NPCR-AERRO Project Approach
To advance electronic cancer reporting and registry operations, NPCR-AERRO focuses on the following areas—
Modeling: Explore current business practices and develop consensus best practice models for automating registration processes and electronic reporting. These types of activities include identifying the users and developing use cases, business rules, and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams.
CyberView: Models are available for online display or download through a popup application that offers several ways to browse through the models—
- Model drilldown: View hospital, state/regional, or national reporting models with drilldown from overviews to more detail.
- Model map: Click a visual layout of the model hierarchy for quick access to any level of detail.
- Model list: List all models for quick access to any level of detail.
- Glossary [PDF-777KB]: Terms and references used in the project.
Analysis and Design: Analyze current technology and infrastructure surrounding registry operations and develop products supporting automation and electronic reporting. Products may include software applications or feature enhancements, implementation guides, data element standards and requirements, class diagrams, white papers, or gap analyses.
Implementation: Coordinate, lead, and support software vendors, hospitals, and state cancer registries testing and implementing NPCR-AERRO models and products.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO