National Support to Enhance Implementation of Comprehensive Cancer Control Activities
The Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (DCPC) announces the availability of RFA-DP13-1315 National Support to Enhance Implementation of Comprehensive Cancer Control Activities. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) will fund national organizations with demonstrated experience and capacity to conduct core activities and provide high-quality technical assistance and training to National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (NCCCP) funded programs and their partners. The five-year project is expected to begin on September 1, 2013.
This funding announcement is only for non-research domestic activities supported by CDC. If research [PDF-137KB] is proposed, the application will not be reviewed.
To submit questions, send e-mail to DP131315foainfo@cdc.gov.
This FOA will fund up to two national organizations to provide support to comprehensive cancer control constituents in four focus areas—
- Local implementation of comprehensive cancer control (CCC) activities.
- Identification and implementation of systems and environmental change strategies that promote health, support healthy behaviors, and facilitate community-clinical linkages to build support for interventions to prevent and reduce the cancer burden.
- Enhancement and sustainability of partnerships.
- Support for communication strategies to promote CCC program successes and leverage additional resources for cancer control and prevention.
The official FOA can be found at grants.gov. To access the announcement and application package—
- Visit grants.gov.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, click on Apply for Grants.
- Click on Step 1: Download a Grant Application Package.
- In the Funding Opportunity Number field, enter CDC-RFA-DP13-1315 and click Download Package.
CDC conducted a conference call for all interested applicants to provide technical assistance [PDF-357KB] and respond to any questions regarding this FOA. The call took place on June 10, 2013 at 2 p.m., U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.
- Letter of Intent Deadline: June 3, 2013
- Application Deadline: July 18, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.
Note: Application submission is not concluded until the validation process is completed successfully. The validation process may take as long as two business days. Non-validated applications will not be accepted after the published application deadline.