Cervical Cancer Screening in Women Ages 30 and Older
When to Get Tested and How to Make Sense of Your Test Results
If you are 30 years or older and...
- your Pap test is normal
- your HPV test is negative
...you can wait 5 years before being tested again for cervical cancer!
If you have had a Pap test and HPV test, this booklet will answer your questions about:
- Cervical cancer
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Cervical cancer screening tests
- What your Pap test result means
- What your HPV test result means
- What your Pap and HPV test results mean together
- How to prevent cervical cancer
- Common questions about HPV
- How to talk to your partner about your test results
- Know the facts
- Questions to ask your doctor
Getting abnormal results does not mean that you have cervical cancer now. For specific questions about your test results, talk to your doctor.