Multiple Approaches to Increase Awareness and Support Among Young Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer
CDC's Division of Cancer Prevention and Control offered funding opportunity announcement DP14-1408, "Multiple Approaches to Increase Awareness and Support Among Young Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer." The purpose of the program is to increase the availability of health information and support services for young breast cancer survivors and their families by supporting organizations that serve them. Funded activities are intended to—
- Support multimedia health education campaigns about topics like family history and genetic risks, psychosocial health and support, reproductive health and fertility, and family support.
- Enhance existing support services that can help young breast cancer survivors, like case management, patient navigation, and psychosocial support services.
The application deadline was July 1, 2014. Applications are no longer being accepted.
Component 1: Education and Awareness
As many as three awardees will be funded to develop a strategic and integrated health communication, marketing, and media approach to disseminate health messages to young breast cancer survivors. This component includes—
- Developing and maintaining a diverse partnership network to facilitate development and delivery of health messages to the target audience.
- Developing a comprehensive communication plan.
- Testing evidence-based age- and culturally appropriate health messages and social media tools.
- Disseminating health messages to young breast cancer survivors.
Component 2: Structured Support Services
As many as four other awardees will be funded to provide structured support services to young breast cancer survivors from diagnosis through post-treatment. This component includes—
- Convening partnerships to discuss collaboration, program enhancements, and possible scale-up of support services for young breast cancer survivors.
- Evaluating support services offered to young breast cancer survivors.
- Developing a comprehensive implementation program to promote and deliver support services to the target community.
- Developing sustainability plans for improved support services.
- Promoting and delivering support services to young breast cancer survivors.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO