Advisory Committee on Breast Cancer in Young Women
September 21–23, 2011 Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia
Detailed Meeting Minutes
- Breast Cancer in Young Women: Reviewing the Evidence and Setting the Course [PDF-677KB] by Natasha Buchanan, PhD, Epidemiology and Applied Research Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
- BodyTalk: Educating about Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk. Facilitating Patient/Physician Communication. Saving lives. [PDF-4.8MB] by Galen Cole, PhD, DAPA, MPH, LPC, Associate Director for Communication, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
- CDC and Health Communication [PDF-3.8MB] by Katherine Lyon Daniel, Ph.D., Acting Associate Director for Communication, CDC
- CDC Research and Programmatic Activities in Breast Cancer Genomics [PDF-707KB] by Juan Rodriguez, MPH, MS, Epidemiologist, Epidemiology and Applied Research Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
- Culturally Appropriate Communication for the Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders [PPT-13.5MB] by Mavis Nitta, MPH, CHES, Chronic Diseases Program Coordinator, Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Culturally Appropriate Health Communications For Women At Increased Risk [PPT-6.2MB] by Rochelle Shoretz, Founder and Executive Director, Sharsheret
- Development and Evaluation of a Community-Based Intervention to Increase Breast Cancer Screening and Early Detection among Low-Income, African American Women [PDF-1.2MB] by Ingrid Hall, PhD, MPH, Epidemiology and Applied Research Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
- Developing Psychosocial and Reproductive Health Support Resources for Young Breast Cancer Survivors in the United States [PDF-1.4MB] by Temeika Fairley, PhD, Designated Federal Officer, ACBCYW, Health Scientist, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
- Harnessing the Power of Social Networks, Mommy Bloggers, and Google (and improving HPV vaccination awareness at the same time) [PDF-5.3MB] by Jill B. Roark, MPH, Project Manager, Carter Consulting, CDC Adolescent Immunization Communication Campaign
- The Importance of Health Communication [PPT-2.2MB] by Leslie Snyder, Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- LIVESTRONG [PPT-6.2MB] by Renee Nicholas, Director of Corporate Partnerships, LIVESTRONG Foundation
- Sisters Network Inc. [PPT-11.6MB] by Kelly P. Hodges, National Program Director, Sisters Network Inc.
The remaining presentations from this meeting will be posted shortly. If you need a presentation sent to you immediately, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
CDC is committed to providing resources that are accessible to people of all abilities. If you find that any of our information products, including what you see on this site, are not in compliance with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), please contact us by e-mail or phone at 1 (800) 232-4636 or TTY at (888) 232-6348. When you contact us, please refer to the specific information found to be non-compliant. This will help us address the issue more quickly.