Engaging, Building, Expanding: An NBCCEDP Partnership Development Toolkit
The Partnership Development Toolkit [PDF-4.5MB] is designed to assist NBCCEDP grant recipients with maintaining, growing, and developing new partnerships with many types of organizations. The toolkit provides a range of resources to help programs across varying levels of experience. For programs with little partner experience, it provides how-to's and basic information on starting partnerships or conducting public relations activities. For those who have robust partner experience, there are fact sheet templates, new partner ideas, and other branding tools to boost partnership efforts. The contents of the toolkit are grouped into three main categories:
- Partnership Development Resources: Build upon a program's partnership development skills with how-to's and sample outreach materials.
- Materials for Distribution by Programs: Make the case for partnerships with external audiences, such as existing and potential partners or women.
- Branding Tools: Highlight the program's affiliation to the national program through co-branding.
The toolkit features fact sheets about the NBCCEDP program, breast cancer, and cervical cancer, which can be used with potential partners and women.
- About the Program: Provides key background information about NBCCEDP, including goals, target audiences, and achievements to date. Versions feature images for general population, American Indian, and Hispanic women. This fact sheet is included in the main toolkit file.
- Breast Cancer Facts: Explains breast cancer risk, symptoms, and screening recommendations. Versions feature images for the general population [PDF-347KB] and African American, [PDF-452KB] American Indian, [PDF-488KB] Asian American, [PDF-434KB] and Hispanic [PDF-484KB] women.
- Cervical Cancer Facts: Explains cervical cancer risk, symptoms, and screening recommendation. Versions feature images for the general population [PDF-395KB] and African American, [PDF-454KB] American Indian, [PDF-434KB] Asian American, [PDF-571KB] and Hispanic [PDF-498KB] women.
Note: When the toolkit references customizable materials, customization is available only to NBCCEDP grant recipients. If you have any questions about the toolkit, please contact CDC's Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Program Services Branch at (770) 488-4880.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO