The CDC Guide to Strategies to Support Breastfeeding Mothers and Babies
Strategies to Prevent Obesity and Other Chronic Diseases: The CDC Guide to Strategies to Support Breastfeeding Mothers and Babies is an update of the 2005 The CDC Guide to Breastfeeding Interventions. It provides state and local community members information to choose the breastfeeding intervention strategy that best meets their needs.
Support for breastfeeding is needed in many different arenas including hospitals and birth centers, worksites, and communities. This Guide builds upon the research evidence demonstrating effective intervention strategies and offers relevant information for each including program examples and resources.
You can download the entire guide [PDF-1MB], or select individual chapters below:
- Maternity Care Practices [PDF-180KB]
- Professional Education [PDF-177KB]
- Access to Professional Support [PDF-169KB]
- Peer Support Programs [PDF-159KB]
- Support for Breastfeeding in the Workplace [PDF-197KB]
- Support for Breastfeeding in Early Care and Education [PDF-214KB]
- Access to Breastfeeding Education and Information [PDF-169KB]
- Social Marketing [PDF-345KB]
- Addressing the Marketing of Infant Formula [PDF-159KB]
- References [PDF-72KB]
To order hard copies visit: CDC-INFO on Demand - Publications search for “Breastfeeding”.
- Page last reviewed: August 23, 2013
- Page last updated: July 8, 2014
- Content source: