Breastfeeding Report Cards
The CDC Breastfeeding Report Card provides state-by-state data to help public health practitioners, health professionals, community members, child care providers, and family members work together to protect, promote and support breastfeeding. The Report Card indicators measure types of support in key community settings as well as the most current data on the breastfeeding goals outlined in Healthy People 2020.
Please note that the Breastfeeding Report Card will not be published in 2015. The Breastfeeding Report Card will now be published every two years; however, the breastfeeding data will be released on the DNPAO National Immunization Survey Web page and on DNPAO's online Data, Trends, & Maps database. The updated rates, which reflect breastfeeding practices among U.S. infants born in 2012, are based on National Immunization Survey data from 2013 and 2014.
Breastfeeding Report Card, 2014
Older Breastfeeding Report Cards
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2013 [PDF - 1.12 MB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2012 [PDF - 848 KB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2011 [PDF - 753 KB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2010 [PDF - 1.8 MB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2009 [PDF - 204 KB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2008 [PDF - 375 KB]
- Breastfeeding Report Card, 2007 [PDF - 473 KB]
Data, Trends and Maps is an interactive tool that provides state-specific data about obesity, nutrition, physical activity and breastfeeding. Choose “Breastfeeding” as “Indicator Category” to find more state-specific data and view statistics in a variety of formats, including maps, tables and trend lines.
- Page last reviewed: August 25, 2015
- Page last updated: August 25, 2015
- Content source: