Guidelines and Recommendations
- Moving Science Into Coverage: An Employer's Guide to Preventive Services
2011 Updated Evidence Statements
Developed in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Purchaser's Guide provides guidance for the selection of clinical preventive services shown to be effective by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), CDC and other authoritative organizations; translates clinical guidelines and medical evidence into lay terms; and provides large employers with the information they need to select, define and implement comprehensive and structured preventive service benefits.
- The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. This report provides recommendations for doctors based on clinical research.
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. This Web site provides guidelines for treating obesity and other resources about maintaining a healthy weight.
- Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
This report brings together what scientists have learned from decades of research about physical activity and health.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005
The dietary guidelines provide advice about eating for health. They are published jointly every five years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- The Fourth Report on the Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. This report provides recommendations for doctors based on clinical research.
- Surgeon General's Reports Related to Tobacco Use
This Web site provides links to reports about smoking and health, including reports on tobacco use among ethnic minority groups and young people.