Publications, Reports, and Fact Sheets
This page contains a select listing of CDC’s TBI publications, reports, and fact sheets.
Special Journal Issue
The Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation special May/June 2015 issue features research from CDC and traumatic brain injury (TBI) partners. The issue highlights the need for strategies to prevent TBI and reduce their substantial physical, psychological, economic, and social impacts.
Reports to Congress
- Report to Congress on Traumatic Brain Injury Epidemiology and Rehabilitation: Recommendations for Addressing Critical Gaps (March 2015)
- Report to Congress on Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: Understanding the Public Health Problem among Current and Former Military Personnel (June 2013)
- Report to Congress on Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: Steps to Prevent a Serious Public Health Problem [PDF 158K] (September 2003)
- Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: A Report to Congress [PDF 3MB] HTML version (December 1999)
- Nonfatal Traumatic Brain Injuries Related to Sports and Recreation Activities Among Persons Aged ≤19 Years — United States, 2001–2009
- Surveillance for Traumatic Brain Injury–Related Deaths — United States, 1997–2007
- Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: Emergency Department Visits, Hospitalizations, and Deaths (Blue Book)
- Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: The Future of Registries and Data Systems [PDF 266K]
- Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States: Assessing Outcomes in Children [PDF 6MB] HTML version