Division of Epidemiology, Analysis, and Library Services
Library Science and Services
The Stephen B. Thacker CDC Library (CDC Library) has served as a hub of research, information exchange, and learning for the CDC community since the establishment of the Communicable Disease Center in 1946. The CDC Library provides a full range of information services and products in support of public health research, policy and action to CDC employees across the nation and those located internationally. Library services are available to employees via phone, email, online, and in person through the headquarters library in Atlanta and branch library locations. Access to licensed journals and databases is limited to CDC networked computers, with access to freely available resources provided to the general public from the CDC Library site.
Key CDC Library products and services provided to CDC employees:
- Scholarly Materials – Access and request online and print journal articles, books, databases, and other resources. Use Primo to simultaneously search databases, the library catalog, CDC Stacks (online repository from OADS, the Office of the Associate Director for Science), and more. Request documents and other materials using Doc Express.
- Research and Reference Services (literature searches, etc.) – Submit requests for research consultations, reference support, and literature requests online, call, or stop by one of the library locations for assistance finding the best information to support scientific research papers and projects.
- Training and education on library services and products – Formal and informal classes are available to introduce new products, services, and information management methods to assist researchers.
- Science Clips – A weekly digest promoting applied public health research and prevention science. Produced in conjunction with CDC’s OADS.
- Quiet working space with Wi-Fi enabled touchdown stations and meeting areas to collaborate with colleagues available at the main library in Atlanta. Select branch libraries are also open to the public. To visit these libraries, follow the CDC visitor guidelines.
Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services
2500 Century Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
TTY: (888) 232-6348
New Hours of Operation