NEW: New AMA, CDC Initiative Aims to “Prevent Diabetes: STAT” Leading voices in health care launch urgent effort to reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes, one of nation’s most debilitating chronic diseases. Read the press release.
Welcome to the online newsroom for the National Diabetes Prevention Program. CDC leads this program, that brings proven lifestyle change programs for people with prediabetes to communities across the United States. On this page, you can find information about the prevention program and prediabetes, search for program locations, and sign up to receive press releases and other information by e-mail.
Information about the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Learn more about the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Learn more about Prevent Diabetes: STAT, a national AMA/CDC initiative.
- Learn more about prediabetes.
- Watch A Change for Life, a video about the program.
- Search for locations offering lifestyle change classes.
- Read transcript of Medscape Expert Commentary How Effective are Diabetes Prevention Programs [PDF-412KB]?
- Frequently asked questions about the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
Facts and Statistics on Diabetes
- How CDC works to prevent and control diabetes.
- Statistics on diabetes prevalence and complications in the United States.
- Frequently asked questions about diabetes.
- Contact CDC Media Relations.
- Phone: (404) 639-3286
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B roll on the following subjects is available upon request. Contact CDC Media Relations.
- Interviews with participants in the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Interviews with a lifestyle coach.
- Interviews with Ann Albright, PhD, RD, director of CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation.
- Program session.