National Women's Health Week
May 13-19, 2018
National Women’s Health Week begins on Mother’s Day each year. It is a reminder to women to take care of themselves, and to make their health a priority.
To improve your physical and mental health, you can:
- Visit a doctor or nurse for a well-woman visit (checkup) and preventive screenings.
- Get active.
- Eat healthy.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress. Learn about depression among women.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.
- Page last reviewed: April 27, 2018
- Page last updated: April 27, 2018
- Content source: