National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is an annual observance to highlight the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases and celebrate the achievements of immunization programs and their partners in promoting healthy communities.
Since 1994, hundreds of communities across the United States have joined together to celebrate the critical role vaccination plays in protecting our children, communities, and public health.
NIIW 2018 is April 21-28, 2018.
CDC and CDCF Honor Childhood Immunization Champions during NIIW
The Champion Award recognizes individuals who are working at the state and community level. Download the nomination packet [10 pages] for the 2018 Childhood Immunization Champion Award program. The nomination deadline is February 23, 2018. All nominations must be submitted by state immunization program managers.
Read about your state’s 2017 Childhood Immunization Champions.
Activities and Events
- Let us know what you’re planning for NIIW 2018. Complete this activity form.
- Attend the NIIW Planning VICNetwork Webinar on March 7th, 2018
- View the 2017 Social and Digital Media Recap.
- View the 2017 NIIW Blog-a-thon Recap.
- View presentations from the NIIW planning webinar that took place on February 28, 2017.
Looking for Promotional Materials?
Review various promotional materials, including key messages, logos, drop-in articles, and social media content. Or jump to specific NIIW products:
Need Help Planning Your NIIW?
Planning your NIIW: See resources for laying a foundation, building partnerships, and evaluating your efforts, Or jump to specific tools:
Access our collection of immunization schedules, fact sheets, videos, infographics, and other tools to help educate about the importance of vaccines and the diseases they prevent.
- Page last reviewed: October 6, 2017
- Page last updated: February 14, 2018
- Content source: