National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is an annual observance to highlight the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases and to celebrate the achievements of immunization programs and their partners in promoting healthy communities.
In 2019, we are celebrating the 25th anniversary of NIIW. Since 1994, hundreds of communities across the United States have joined to celebrate the critical role vaccination plays in protecting our children, communities, and public health.
NIIW 2019 is April 27-May 4, 2019.
Activities and Events
- Let us know what you are planning for NIIW 2019. Complete this activity form.
Are You a Healthcare Professional?
All staff in healthcare practices, including non-clinical staff, play important roles during NIIW. To highlight childhood immunizations this NIIW:
- Build a culture of immunization in your organization: 10 Ways to Create a Culture of Immunization Within Our Pediatric Practice
- Use Learn simple tips for talking with parents about childhood vaccines
- Use #ivax2protect on your social media posts to share why you support infant immunizations
- Page last reviewed: February 13, 2019
- Page last updated: February 13, 2019
- Content source: