National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM)
National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is an annual observance held in August to highlight the importance of routine vaccination for people of all ages. Use these resources to help you discuss routine vaccinations with your patients and parents during NIAM and throughout the year.
All staff in healthcare practices, including non-clinical staff, play important roles during NIAM:
- Engage in learning opportunities with CDC’s Immunization Education and Training courses.
- Make your practice a supportive space that welcomes vaccine questions and concerns from patients and parents.
- Use proven strategies to encourage parents and patients to stay up to date on vaccinations.
- Make immunization schedules easy for parents and patients to find by displaying them on your website.
- Use tools like PneumoRecs VaxAdvisor Mobile App to help you make vaccine recommendations.
- Share clear and accurate information about the latest vaccine recommendations, including COVID-19 vaccines.
Use these NIAM graphics and share vaccine resources to help you promote routine vaccination on various social media platforms and websites.