Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- MMWR Notes from the Field: COVID-19 Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Program - Spirit Lake Tribe4/22/2021 11:35:00 AMIn response to a rapid increase in new COVID-19 cases on the Spirit Lake Reservation, CDC assisted the Spirit Lake Tribe in building a tribally managed COVID-19 case investigation and contact tracing program. An MMWR report finds that the program, which was managed by the Tribe, successfully reached affected tribal members to support effective isolation, quarantine, and symptom monitoring, and helped with rapidly identifying cases and notifying contacts. This program might help inform similar public health programs in other tribes.
- Data & Surveillance in US Territories and Freely Associated States4/20/2021 12:23:00 PMCDC is committed to working to improve public health outcomes of US territories and freely associated states. View data and surveillance related to health issues in these areas.
- National Minority Health Month 20214/19/2021 12:32:00 PMJoin us this month as we observe National Minority Health Month with HHS Office of Minority Health and other partners and share how we can help communities get vaccine ready. Learn what role we play in raising vaccine confidence.
- MMWR Report: Use of Stay-at-Home Orders and Mask Mandates to Control COVID-19 Transmission - Blackfeet Tribal Reservation4/15/2021 10:05:00 AMIn Fall 2020, the Blackfeet Tribal Reservation implemented and strictly enforced stay-at-home orders and required use of masks in public to limit spread of COVID-19. An MMWR report finds that these measures were associated with a 33-fold decrease in the rate of new COVID-19 cases. The findings of the report show that stay-at-home orders and mask requirements, coupled with ongoing case investigation and contract tracing, likely helped slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Healthy People 2020 Final Review Progress Table4/14/2021 2:50:00 PMCDC's National Center for Health Statistics announced the release of the Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) Final Review Progress Table. The Final Review provides an end-of-decade assessment of the nation's progress toward achieving HP2020 objectives and goals.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.