Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- Register for the 2021 Public Health Improvement Training5/3/2021 11:59:00 AMThis year's Public Health Improvement Training is going virtual! Join CSTLTS and the National Network of Public Health Institutes for this one-of-a-kind training that offers learning and networking opportunities through a series of interactive skill-building sessions designed for different experience levels. Register today!
- NEW Field Notes: Portsmouth Health Department Leverages Staff Resources with Agency Priorities 4/29/2021 8:14:00 AMAs participants of CDC's Strategic Scholars program, a team from Portsmouth Health Department developed a process to assess whether staff time and effort were aligned with the agency's goals and initiatives . Learn more in the latest Field Notes.
- MMWR Report: COVID-19 Incidence and Mortality Among American Indian/Alaska Native and White Persons4/26/2021 8:14:00 AMAn analysis in Montana during March-November of 2020 found that rates of new COVID-19 cases and deaths were higher among American Indian/Alaska Native persons than among White persons. State-level surveillance can identify disparities among AI/AN or other minority communities to inform state and tribal COVID-19 vaccine allocation strategies and help communities implement culturally responsive public health measures that might help reduce infections and deaths in these communities.
- MMWR Notes from the Field: COVID-19 Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Program - Spirit Lake Tribe4/22/2021 11:35:00 AMIn response to a rapid increase in new COVID-19 cases on the Spirit Lake Reservation, CDC assisted the Spirit Lake Tribe in building a tribally managed COVID-19 case investigation and contact tracing program. An MMWR report finds that the program, which was managed by the Tribe, successfully reached affected tribal members to support effective isolation, quarantine, and symptom monitoring, and helped with rapidly identifying cases and notifying contacts. This program might help inform similar public health programs in other tribes.
- Data & Surveillance in US Territories and Freely Associated States4/20/2021 12:23:00 PMCDC is committed to working to improve public health outcomes of US territories and freely associated states. View data and surveillance related to health issues in these areas.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.